General Department Information
The Park City Police Department Patrol Division provides 24-hour coverage to the community. If you have an emergency, please call 9-1-1. If your issue is NOT an emergency, please call (316) 744-2011.
The Park City Police Department has a Detective Section that investigates crimes and conducts follow up on crimes that have taken place. If anyone has information of a crime that has occurred or a concern that one is about to occur, please contact the Park City Police Department Detective Section at (316) 744-2011.
Obtaining Police Records
How to Request a Record
Check with the records custodian to determine if the information is available. If you are asked to submit your request in writing, please be as detailed as possible. Most records will be produced within three business days from the time that the request was received. If the request is denied you will receive a written explanation for the delay or denial. For more information contact the City Hall at (316) 744-2026.
Why Would a Request Be Denied?
- The specific request does not exist
- The request was unclear and should be re-submitted with more detail
- The record that was requested is closed to protect a privacy interest
Some exceptions are:
- Personnel information of public employees
- Medical treatment records
- Protected by attorney-client privileges or rules of evidence
- Criminal investigation records
To see the full list of exceptions to the Kansas Open Records Act view K.S.A. 45-211.
The Kansas Open Record Act authorizes agencies to charge fees for providing access to or furnishing copies of public records. The fee may be requested in advance and may include:
- Cost of staff time required to make the information available
- Cost of copying or reproducing the record
The Police Department charges as follows:
- $10 per copy of accident reports
- $.50 per page for police reports